amazon Prime

Monday, August 8, 2011

Another day on set

I have a light wardrobe day today and I'm hanging on set.  It seemed like an opportune time to update my blog.  I finished my apron which I made with leftover seersucker using an authentic 1940s pattern, and with it's many pockets, it has come in quite handy while working on the film. I am planning on taking a photo of it to post on my blog, but since wearing it non-stop the last few weeks, it needs to be washed first.

There have been many adventures and obstacles to overcome on the set, as is to be expected, for one cannot plan for the unexpected.  The biggest obstacle for me occurred last week when an actor put on a shirt which was supposed to be a v-neck and it turned out was a crew-neck style shirt instead.  After facing the dilemma, I made the decision to wing it and make a "quick fix".  I began by ripping the front middle seam of the shirt open, then faced a momentary fear.  I knew once that I cut the fabric of the neck, there was no turning back, so I took a breath, cut the fabric and prayed that we wouldn't now be completely shirtless. We were getting ready to start filming again and the pressure was mounting.  In under 5 minutes I successfully altered the shirt into a v-neck.  This has to be one of my proudest sewing moments.

When I have downtime I have been reading, How to Make Sewing Patterns... very good read so far.  Looking forward to utilizing some tips from this book as soon as the movie wraps.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...